Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my 2 yr old sprayed a coppertone kids sunblock in his eyes

my 2 yr old sprayed a coppertone kids sunblock in his eyes and i flushed with water for about 10 minutes. he seems fine but eyes are a little red and irritated looking, but he is acting fine now. should i do anything else?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Irrigating the eye with water was a very good initial step. To further prevent worsening of irritation and resolve the redness, I suggest that the child use preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 2-4 times day for 1 week. If the redness fails to resolve in 1 week or worsen at any time, I suggest that the child follow-up with the eye doctor for closer evaluation and possible prescription for Pataday eye drop.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.