my 3 y old keeps having reoccurring eyelid infections..eyes

my 3 y old keeps having reoccurring eyelid infections. Not too severe, but almost constantly. She was born with infection in both eyes, but it seems to be a weakness ever since.

Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

How does the infection present? Are there any pus containing lesion on the lid or the whole lid is infected?

How many times it takes to resolve?

Do you use any medicine for this during attacks?

Is there any discharge from eye during infection?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
pus contained lesions on part of upper lid. off on on over many months. No medicine used. No discharge from eye. Excellent overhealth

Welcome to just answer

Sorry to hear about your problem. The symptoms that you have described are pretty much consistent with a condition called STYE. It is an infection of the hair follicle of eye lid by a bacteria called staphylococcus aureus. I think you need to take your baby to an optholmologist who after examination can prescribe antibiotic ointment or drops. It needs medical attention , otherwise your baby will keep getting it again and again. You should also apply warm compresses to the affected area and also wash the eyes with a baby shampoo very gently. You must not try to puncture it as the infection may spread. Its a very treatable disease and one course of topical antibiotics may be enough to keep your baby away from the bacteria.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.