Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Had Lysik surgery several years ago on my right eye ... vision

Had Lysik surgery several years ago on my right eye ... vision is getting blurry ... Zocor bumped up to 40 mg in April, blurry vision started around a couple of weeks later.

Welcome to Just Answer:

In general, Zocor is not known to cause significant eye side effects, except that it can lead to the break down of muscle cells resulting in fatigue and/or muscle soreness. So, it is possible that with increased dose of Zocor that the eye muscle is fatigued with more difficulty focusing. However, it would be necessary to closely evaluate the cornea (with Silt-lamp, and Pachymetry) by your eye doctor to exclude any defect or regrowth of cornea tissue that LASIK enhancement may be needed to correct.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.