Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my husband has dry eye and in one eye I can see what looks

my husband has dry eye and in one eye I can see what looks like a pink bump. Should I wash the eye out and go see the eye doctor as soon as I can
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that he is experiencing of inflammation and reaction with bump due the irritating effect of dry conjunctiva. To resolve this, I suggest that he use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1-2 weeks, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily at least 5-10 mins apart from the Zaditor. If the bump is on the inner corner of the eye close to the nose, I would also suggest that he apply warm/hot compresses to the affected eye twice daily for 2 weeks. If this fails to resolve, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation and possible prescription eye drop such as Zylet or Tobradex. If you feel that there is foreign body in the eye then it is okay to irrigate the eye with clean or distilled water, otherwise the tear drop will be adequate.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.