Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have a sudden condition of watery burning in both eyes that

I have a sudden condition of watery burning in both eyes that had been going for 12 hours.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Eye water and burning is likely related to tear film dysfunction due to ocular allergy causing cornea irritation with inflammation. To resolve this, I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week, and then twice daily as needed for burning eyes and discomfort, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily as 5-10 mins apart from the zaditor drop. This should significantly resolve the problem. If after 1-2 week there is no significant resolution, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation under the Silt-lampSchmirer's test, and possible stronger prescription eye drop. Continue your allergy pills, or you can use over the counter Zyretc 1 pill daily.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.