Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have glaucoma in both eyes and it is affecting the optic

I have glaucoma in both eyes and it is affecting the optic nerve so I have difficulty seeing and reading. Is there any help for that sitiation.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Since you are using Muro-128 and Pred Forte, it is likely that you have cornea swelling contributing to your difficulty seeing and reading. I suggest that you follow-up with a cornea eye doctor for closer evaluation of your cornea to exclude significant cornea problem. In general, Muro-128 and Pred Forte would help resolve any cornea swelling. The fact that you are using three glaucoma drops Alphagan, Travatan and Timoptic despite your glaucoma surgery with drainage tubes, suggest that you either you have very difficult to control eye pressure and/or the tubes are not working well. It is also likely that the Pred Forte use is counteracting the pressure reducing effects of the tubes, causing you to need additional eye pressure drops. I suggest that your eye doctor consider switching you from pred forte to Lotemax or Alrex has significant less effect on the eye pressure compared to Pred Forte.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.