Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

what do platles have to do with an eye examination

Customer Question

what do platles have to do with an eye examination?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Please can you describe what you mean by platles? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Plaquetes as shown on CBC.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much:

In general, if the platelets count is low or appearance on CBC is abnormal, there is an increase risk of bleeding inside that eye, and so it important to routinely and closely evaluate the eye, especially after procedures that cause eye trauma - such cataract surgery. In addition, I suggest that you avoid aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including ibuprofen, naproxen, or indomethacin, as these can affect platelet and cause bleeding.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.