Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

What might cause a persistant twitch in my left eye Has been

What might cause a persistant twitch in my left eye? Has been going on for 8 months. Doctor says I need more rest. I don't think so.

Welcome to Just Answer

Is it twitching of the lids only in the left eye ?

Does it worsen when you are aware of it and subsides when you are busy with other work ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It seems like it is in the eye, not really the lid. Yes it does seem a bit worse when I worry about it while it is happening.

Thank you for replying.

Well twitching inside the eye can occur in some individuals especially if they have ocular migraine ( headache may or maynot be very obvious) or during anxiety when there is increased adrenaline , may cause the normal arterial pulsation to be felt in the eye. In the absence of any other eye signs or symptoms like reduced vision / pain in the eye / prominent bulging of the eye , this is likely to disappear on its own . There is no specific medicine for this but B-complex vitamin( once a day) is said to be beneficial for twitching.

If you ever experience any other eye symptom mentioned above you can consult an ophthalmologist for a detailed eye check up.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist