Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

My son woke up with green crusty stuff all over his eyelashes.

My son woke up with green crusty stuff all over his eyelashes. I was able to get it off witha warm compress and his eyes are perfectly white. Could this be "pink-eye"?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

It would be difficult to call it a pink eye , if the green crust is not associated with redness of the eyes , watering and discharge. If the eyes are perfectly white , then it could be blepharitis ( flaky at the lid margins ) . You can continue with warm compresses and put preservative free lubricating eye drops like Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day for 2 weeks. It is available OTC. If symptoms worsen with appearance of redness or more discharge, then you must consult an ophthalmologist for starting antibiotic eye drops .

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist