Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

felt pressure behind right eye for severl hours also had contact

Customer Question

felt pressure behind right eye for severl hours also had contact in same eye which i have had a couple of abrasions in recently. this episode is different as i had pain all night and my lid has swollen and my eye just continues to tear. an ice compress got me some relief but this am i don't feel pressure just discomfort and tearing. I did get the contact out
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you have eye inflammation either due to corneal infiltrate from the contact or infection related to the contact with associated extension to surrounding eye soft tissues. Removing the contact which you did already is the first best step. Next, I suggest that you follow-up with eye doctor as soon as possible (even at the urgent care or emergency care) for closer evaluation to consider possible bacterial or viral infection, possibly start you on antibiotics or antiviral eye drop such as Vigamox, Tobramycin, trifluridine and/or others to control any infections. Preventing the formation of cornea scar is important, and can be accomplished by prompt treatment. In the meantime, you can continue ice compresses, and use over the counter Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily for pain.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.