Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

A friend has just been diagnosed with retinal edema. What

Customer Question

A friend has just been diagnosed with retinal edema. What alternatives are there to steroid shots and laser?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Depending on the cause of the retinal edema, in addition to controlling the underlying systemic condition causing the retinal edema (i.e. uncontrolled diabetes, uncontrolled hypertension, macular degeneration or eye inflammation), one or more of the following treatment options can be employed to resolve the retinal edema; including laser, steroid injection/drops, non-steroid drops such as Acular eye drop, Photodynamic therapy, or anti-VEGF intravitreal injection such as Lucentis or Avastatin.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.