Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

why is my eye sensitivie to light, burns, but does not feel

why is my eye sensitivie to light, burns, but does not feel scratch, red or discharging mucus
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

In the absence of redness/discharge/reduced vision , burning sensation in the eyes is usually due to dry eyes. Visine or eye antibiotics may not give relief in this condition . It responds well to lubricating eye drops like preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day and lacrilube eye ointment at bedtime. This can be used for 3 weeks. If symptoms persist even after 2 weeks of therapy or worsen, then you must consult an ophthalmologist for a detailed eye check up.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist