Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my head tightly between his knees to keep me from

I have asked this question before and would like to ask for further advice regarding this please as the problem is not improving. Two months ago my friend tickled me when I was sitting on the floor and held my head tightly between his knees to keep me from moving, but I wriggled trying to get free. My left eye vision immediate felt wrong after this incident and I have been to an eye hospital and several opticians since. The left eye was a little more blurry than usual, but it is like my left eye and right eye don't fuse together properly and see a flat picture. My left eye feels bigger, and like it's actually changed shape and it aches a lot. It feels like the vision in this eye is almost magnified and that the eyeball is in front of the right one. I have headaches all the time and cannot forget about it as I am in constant discomfort. I am hoping to see another eye doctor soon, but am losing hope that this can be cured. Could it be aniseikonia? My eyes have more floaters recently. I think any doctor is going to think I'm insane when I describe it. Any clues please?

Welcome to Just Answer:

If your left eye vision feels more magnified than the right eye it is likely that you have aniseikonia (with left eye relatively more nearsighted than the right eye). In addition, if you are having more floaters recently, it is possible that the trauma to the side of one of your eyes affected the attachment of the clear thick gel inside your eye (vitreous) causing it to become loosely attached. The loosely attached vitreous to the back or side of the eye (retina) can affect the refraction of light in the affected eye compared to the vitreous without vitreous detachment, resulting in more significant aniseikonia and/or floater. It is also possible that while you had some prior floaters or risk for vitreous detachment (VD), but the incident caused it to become more pronounced. In general, VD is not harmful, except for the discomfort. The management is routine monitor of the back of the eye to exclude any associated retinal tear or hole that can can traction and cause retinal detachment. If such retinal holes or tear is found the management is laser to repair them. This seldom occurs. In the case when such floaters become severe especially with age, the retinal eye doctor may surgically remove any melted vitreous to resolve the symptoms of severe floaters. On the other hand, it is possible that during the incident that enough strain or pressure was put on the eye to cause brief bleeding inside the eye on the side, but resolved, and leaving particles of old blood cells floating in the vitreous. If this occurred, it is not harmful. Overall, to control the symptom of difference in refractive error between eyes, I suggest you follow-up with your eye doctor as scheduled for another complete eye examination and be checked for new corrective glasses. I suggest that you raise all above points that I have mentioned to your eye doctor at your next visit.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.