Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Hi. I have a blurry spot in my left eye that also resembles

Hi. I have a blurry spot in my left eye that also resembles an after image from a glance at the sun. It's come & gone over the last year, but in the last two weeks, it's become annoying apparent. It's worse in dim light, and it changes in intensity during the day, sometimes being unnoticeable. If I use a magnifying glass, I can correct the focus in that spot, but the periphery is out of focus. I am 50, and in otherwise great health. Farsighted, & use reading glasses since I was 35.
Any ideas on what this might be?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you have a spot of eye lens opacity which has gotten worse - a form of focal cataract in the eye. In general, the formation of cataract in the lens of the eye is not uniform throughout the lens. It is also possible that there is an area of the cornea in the left eye with mild scar causing to this problem. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation. You may need to wear prescription glasses with reading bifocal or trifocal to resolved the frequency of noticing the blurred after-image vision.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.