Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

What can cause you eye sight to feel like they changed overnight

What can cause you eye sight to feel like they changed overnight?? ALso its like when i look at things they look father awy then what they are what causes this??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Just a few additional questions to answer better-

Apart from appearing farther , how clear is the vision in the eyes with glasses?

Do you find any blurring of vision in any particular directionof gaze?

How sudden was the change in vision - mins or hours or good at bedtime and worse on awakening?

What is the power of your glasses ( if you know)?

Are both eyes equally affected ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
With my glasses its not as clear as it use to be it still looks futher with them on...anything far awy has away been blurry but not up close dosent even look like reality...over about a right eye seems a little worse...

Thank you for the additional information and the reply.

From the description of symptoms , there are two things to be borne in mind - one a possible change in the power of the glasses ( likely to have become more evident and obvious recently but might have been more gradual in the change) , and second is the possibility of CSR ( central serous retinopathy ) , a condition in the inner layer of the eye and part of the retina .The latter is diagnosed by fundus examination in which your ophthalmologist will put drops in the eye to dilate the pupils and have a look at the retina. Once diagnosed it usually resolves by itself by 6-8 weeks or at times may need laser if leaks are found.

I suggest you get a detailed eye check up done by an ophthalmologist for diagnosis of the above possibilities and further management.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist