Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have an eye infection on the right eye. Got Tobramycin o.3%

I have an eye infection on the right eye. Got Tobramycin o.3% yesterday for my right eye. Now it seems that my left eye has gotten mildly infected. Could it be my pillow? Should I stay home or is going out okay?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It likely that the other eye has become contaminated (either through pillow or unintentional cross contamination). I suggest that you consider using the drop in the left eye as well, and follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation as scheduled. If you have to go out , that is okay, but it would be beneficial to protect your eyes with sunglasses. Otherwise, try to get some rest as much as you can.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.