Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

my right eye and was recommended to Bascompalmer eye hospital

Customer Question

I am a resident of the US but at presently I am residing in Trinidad I was diagnoized with gloucoma in my right eye and was recommended to Bascompalmer eye hospital for some medical help can you let me know what I should to to get some assistance.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

If you can get to Bascom Palmer in Miami, it's a great place for get excellent care for the glaucoma. However, if you are not able go to Bascom Palmer, you can obtain a good care for your glaucoma by having your eye doctor closely evaluate your eye with tests including complete dilated eye examination and optic analysis, eye pressure check, check for adequate opening of the drainage angle channels with gonioscopy, Humphrey Visual Field, OCT, and use glaucoma drop such as Xalatan, Travatan and/or others as needed.

Regarding the constant sticking and eye discomfort, it is likely that you are experiencing the symptoms of dry eyes and/or underlying chronic eye inflammation. This can be significantly resolved with use of over the counter preservative free tear such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times and use the Genteal gel or lacri-lube at bedtime.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.