Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Is a blood spot in the eye with no cuts or pain in a 10 month

Is a blood spot in the eye with no cuts or pain in a 10 month old baby dangerous?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that the blood spot occur as a result of unintentional eye rubbing causing a conjunctival blood vessel rupture. This is not harmful. It will resolve within 1-2 week, and faster with regular use of preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 3-4 times daily for 1 week. If it fails to resolve or worsen, I suggest that you take the baby to the eye doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.