Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Can you get a sty behind the eyelid If so, how can it be

Can you get a sty behind the eyelid? If so, how can it be treated?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Yes, it is possible to get a sty behind the eyelid; It's called a Chalazion. To resolve this Chalazion, I suggest that you apply warm/hot compresses 2-3 times daily, and regular use of preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily. This should resolve within 2-3 weeks. If not resolved, then I such that your eye doctor prescribe oral doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 daily, subconjunctival injection into the lesion of kenalog, or even surgical removal as the last resort.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.