Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Can you explain what Bilateral corneal guttatae is

Welcome to Just Answer

Corneal guttata is referred to a type of age related corneal degeneration , in which there is focal accumalation of collagen in the inner layer of the cornea called descmet's membrane. It is of not much significance except that rarely it is indicative of Fuch's endothelial dystrophy ( a kind of corneal dystrophy which can cause a haziness of the cornea).

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If combined with age related maculopathy does one condition have an effect on the other?

No , age related macular degeneration ( ARMD ) is a different entity and is seen in the inner layer of the eye ie the retina. Whereas cornea guttata affects the outer layer of the eye ie the cornea. Though both can be age related but do not have any effect on each other.

Thank you and best wishes