Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Hi, my name is martha and i am 61 years old. My eyes are brown

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am 61 years old. My eyes are brown more on the light side.I have noticed a a blue or purplish color on the outside of my Iris .So now where does that indicate. Help.............Martha

Welcome to Just Answer:

This is likely a normal variation in the change in the color around the cornea edge outside the iris, and not harmful. However, conditions that can cause similar color changes around the outside of the iris should be excluded, including iron and cooper deposits due to abnormal body clearance and/or overload of these elements. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation of the cornea under the silt-lame and/or confocal microscopy and blood testings.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.