Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Last Friday I suddenly lost vision in my right eye..eye..blood

Last Friday I suddenly lost vision in my right eye. I saw an opthalmologist and he diagnosed my condition as a "stroke of the eye". Because my blood pressure was very high [190/100]I went to the ER. In consultation with my regular internist I was admitted to the hospital for testing and observation. It was determined that my potassium level was very low[2.5] My BP has been controlled with medication and my potassium level is now 3.4 and improving. I would like to be referred to the Jules Stein Eye Institute to see a neuro-opthalmologist about any possibility of treatment. Can you refer me to the proper area at the institute? Any other advice?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

Hello there

you need to make sure your BP continues to be well controlled, you should also have asprin as a part of your regimen at the least. You can see Dr. Anthony Arnold at UCLA Jules Stein, tel(NNN) NNN-NNNN

You could also see Dr. Alfredo Sadun at Doheny Eye instutute