Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I have had a ct scan that shows a lesion on a bone in back

I have had a ct scan that shows a lesion on a bone in back of my right eye. The right eyelid drooped suddenly, and this was the reason for scan. Exactly what is a 'lesion' and how is it dealt with?

Welcome to Just Answer

If the CT scan has revealed a lesion at the back of the eye, with sudden drooping of the eyelid, it could be due to one of the nerves( third cranial nerve) being involved which is responsible for elevation of the upperlid. A lesion could be a growth ( whether benign or malignant cannot be confirmed without clinical co-relation and later by biopsy for histopathology), it could be a inflammatory swelling too. As you have mentioned the lesion from the bone , it could be arising from the orbit apex. This is where the nerves and vessels enter and exit from the eye. It would be appropriate to meet a neurosurgeon first. When in doubt , an exploratary orbitotomy( surgery done to look into the orbit) is done to confirm the lesion and if need be excision biopsy is done.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.