Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

i have an ache on the bottom left along the side of my left

i have an ache on the bottom left along the side of my left just started and was wurse after sleeping on that side.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you have strained the left eye muscles on the left side. I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times on the left eye for about 1 week, warm/hot compresses to the area on the left eye twice daily and Aleve (naproxen) 1-2 pills twice daily with food. If this fails to resolve in 1week I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude preseptal cellulitis (infection), and with CT Scan of the left eye orbit to exclude orbital cellulitis. If there is infection, then you with need about 10 to 14 days of oral and topical antibiotics.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.