Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I accidentally soaked my contacts in a flat case with cleaqn

I accidentally soaked my contacts in a flat case with cleaqn & clear and put the contact in my eye. I burned like acid. I removed the contact as quickly as possible bu the eyes is still in alot of pain and is swollen. What more can I do? I am 3000 on top of a mountain.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you have chemical conjunctivitis due to the contamination. I suggest that you irrigate your eyes with clean tap or distilled water, so you did well. Then continue to use tear drops every 2-4 hours while awake for the first 24 hours, then 4 times daily for about 7 days. In the meantime, use prescription glasses for a few days if possible, hold off on the any contact. Do not use the contaminated contacts again. If you are able, over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily will significantly relief the pain and inflammation. If you are not able to get Zaditor, use over the counter Aleve, or Advil (ibuprofen) for pain and inflammation relief. This will resolve. When you return back from the mountain top, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.