Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

i have yellow growth spreading on the whites of my eyes, feeling

i have yellow growth spreading on the whites of my eyes, feeling fatigue, persistent twitch in my right eye and occasional debilitating migraines. yellow has been getting progressively worse for over two years.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you have what is called Pingecula caused by the growth of the side eye conjunctival tissue toward the path of entrance of light into the eye. The change in the color to yellow is due to the damage of the conjunctival tissue by sunlight. The eye fatigue and twitching is due to the resistance to eye muscle function and co-ordination caused by the Pingecula, which can trigger migraine. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation with re-check of your eyes refractive errors to correct possible astigmatism introduced onto your eyes surface by the Pingecula. The effects on your eyes can be corrected with prescription glasses or by surgical removal of the Pingecula. In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily. For any associated irritation or redness, I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor eye drop twice daily as needed.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.