Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Ive been having problem with my left eye. It feels like something

I've been having problem with my left eye. It feels like something in it like an eyelash but can't find one. Also, in the morning if I'm tired I have trouble opening it. Not runny or discharge just sluggish to open on that side. I've tried Natural Tears as my doctor thought might be allergies but hasn't made a difference. Not sure if I should see an eye doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

How is the vision in that eye? ( must cover the right eye to check that)

Is there any redness/watering?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is not a noticeable difference in vision in that eye. I do wear glasses and am 53 years old and need reading glasses as well. There isn't redness or watering. I do notice in mirror in the morning it droops a little compared to the other eye.

Thank you for the reply

It is more likely to be a mild ptosis ( drooping of the upperlid). In this age it can more due to involutional ptosis ( age related degeneration of the levator aponeurosis) . It can be confirmed by a detailed examination of the eye by an ophthalmologist. I suggest you meet your ophthalmologist for the needful.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.