Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My sister has a small pool of water in the right corner of

My sister has a small pool of water in the right corner of my right eye that sits on my bottom eyelid, it has been there for about five months. I wondered if you might know what the condition is and could offer some advice.
Many Thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

In the absence of any other eye complaint , pooling of tears in one eye is invariably due to improper drainage of the tears from that eye. Normally the tears flow from the eyes through the lacrimal apparatus into the nose . Especially in females , this nasolacrimal duct is shorter is more prone for constriction and results in improper drainage of tears. This has to be confirmed by a syringing test and the lacrimal apparatus patency is checked. If it is not patent and block is found , then a new passage can be created by surgery ( DCR).

You can consult an ophthalmologist for this test and discuss the above.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.