Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hi Dr.

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Stan,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am waering my contact lenses then suddenly my right eye
started to get red and its lmost 1 month now
I stop wearing my contact lenses and its still red
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I'm not Dr. Stan, but since he's unavailable at the moment, I'd be happy to address your problem.

First off, please allow me to ask a few questions?

Has the vision in that eye changed?

Are you sensitive to light?

Is the eye primarily red around the colored part of the eye?

Does your eye hurt, burn, or itch?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes my right eye is red around the colored part of the eye

This sounds like it is possibly a inflammation related to bacteria around your tears that contact lens wear often is associated with.

You need to see your eye doctor and would likely need an antibiotic or antibiotic/steroid combination drop to help you over this problem.

You should stay out of the contact lenses until it is resolved, and once you start wearing them again (according to your doctor's instructions), you should get a new pair of lenses to use.

Does that address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

Disclaimer: My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute an informed medical opinion or recommendation. For an informed medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.