Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I HAVE BRUISE LOOKING AREAS AROUND MY OUTER SIDES OF MY EYE.

I HAVE BRUISE LOOKING AREAS AROUND MY OUTER SIDES OF MY EYE. WHAT IS THAT?

Welcome to Just Answer

Any history of recent trauma to the eye?

Any history of allergy? Are you taking blood thinning medicines like low dose aspirin?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO HISTORY OF RECENT TRAUMA TO THE EYE, NO ALLERGIES, NO BLOOD THINNERS. THEY LOOK LKE BLACK AND BLUES

The skin and soft tissue around the eye is very loosely arranged and can accumalate fluid or have a bleed under the skin very easily. Though trauma is the commonest cause sometimes it may not be evident. Sometimes subtle injury elsewhere on the face also can give rise to a bruise around the eye. In the absence of any other eye symptom, the ecchymosis ( bruise) will heal over a period of few days 12-14 approximately without any treatment. If it persists beyond 2 weeks , then it needs to be examined by an ophthalmologist . Cold compresses are better if seen recently.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.