Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Ive been having High Blood pressure problems lately ( it went

I've been having High Blood pressure problems lately ( it went up to 182/115. and had to go to emergency room for that because I didn't feel good that day) and they put me on medication now.
I went to the Gym to work out today and I felt dizzy during thd dance class so I stopped couple of times. When I was coming home, I felt so weird with my eyes. I can't really explain but it felt like blurry or I saw white tingling vision all around my eyes. I could see middle but around it, it was blurry and whitish stars were all over. I feel better now but it scared me enough. Did I work out too much or something wrong with my eyes?
My right eye's been blurry sometimes and I thought it was from me going thru menopause. I'm 47.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Those kinds of symptoms can be due to too high a blood pressure as well as too low of one. You might experience this, if while on high blood pressure, your pressure gets too low and you get up too quickly.

Your right eye being blurry sometimes usually is not due to menopause. There may be a change in the need for glasses or something else.

Did that answer your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

Disclaimer: My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute an informed medical opinion or recommendation. For an informed medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.