Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My Granddaughter eyes are different what I mean is the part

My Granddaughter eyes are different what I mean is the part of the eye that holds the color in one eye is bigger then the other eye is there a problem?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Is this new? or has it been that way for some time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The is the 1st time we have seen this. She does not complain about pain or her sight it just looks funny and the size dofference isn't huge just different.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you there???
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much;

This can happen, and in most cases not harmful. However, considering her age, it needs to be closely evaluated by the pediatric ophthalmologist. It is important that the eye doctor thoroughly access her vision in both eyes, including checking for any difference in the refractive error power or the presence of any astigmatism. The constriction of the pupils should evaluated for any afferent pupillary defect (this ensures that there is no damage in either eye). If there is significant uncorrected vision, she may need glasses, contacts and/or other forms of treatment to improve her vision development. Once corrected early the vision is normal and without future problem. So, I suggest that she follow-up with the eye doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon