Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I HAVE HAD SHINGLES ON THE FOREHEAD, MANY YEARS AGO.. IT WAS

I HAVE HAD SHINGLES ON THE FOREHEAD, MANY YEARS AGO.. IT WAS NOT TOO BAD OF AN INFECTION AND DID NOT LASDT TOO LONG. MAYBE 1/1/2 YEARS AGO I STARTED WITH EYE TROUBLE. ITCHY EYES, BURNING SENSATIONS, FEELING LIKE AN INFECTION, REDNESS, LIGHT SENSITIVITY, AND WHATEVER. I HAVE BEEN IN THE CARE OF TWO OPTHOMOLOGISTS BUT TO NO AVAIL. BOTH KNOW ABOUT THE SHINGLES. MY THINKING IS NOT THE CLEAREST AT TIMES. I AM TAKING 5 DIFFERENT EYE DROPS, TWICE A DAY. COULD SHINGLES BE AFFECTING MY EYESIGHT? WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. THANK YOU.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Do you have any blisters on your skin currently?
Are you sensitive to light?
How long have you been on these eye drops?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BLISTERS FOR MAYBE TWO YEARS. MY EYES ARE SENSITIVE TO LIGHT. I HAVE BEEN ON EYE DROPS FOR ABOUT 1/1/2 YEARS.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Looking at the eye drops listed, it appears you are under treatment for dry eyes. Shingles causes inflammation inside the eyes which is usually not seen in dry eyes. If two ophthalmologist did not see the inflammation inside yours eyes, it is unlikely that the shingles is active at this time. You may consider a second opinion from another ophthalmologists to check for inflammation inside your eyes.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.