Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

eye surgery..incision..lens..our insurances cover lenses/called em

My husband (76yrs) is due for eye surgery tomorrow/but just got a call & the Dr has determined he just needs an incicion to correct the stigma-something rather than a lens. But we've been told to bring $ cause Insurance doesn't cover the incision????? Know our insurances cover lenses/called em before the week end. Now I'm confused-want the best for my husband. Is this IT?

Welcome to Just Answer

If there is pre operative astigmatism ( type of refractive error in which due to abnormal shape of the cornea , images formed in the eye are not clear.) it can be corrected with toric IOL or by performing limbal relaxing incision along with insertion of an IOL. This has to be pre-decided so that the incisions can be well planned. Not sure about the coverage by insurance though for limbal relaxing incisions ( LRI ).

If interested to know more about the procedure you can read this article-

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.