Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Eyelids itch, mostly on the bottom lids and outer corner of

Eyelids itch, mostly on the botXXXXX XXXXXds and outer corner of the eyes. Eyes teary in bright light. Have been stressed, OK now. I've used Patonal helps for awhile. Eyes should be dry at age 83, but are more teary than dry. I live in A/C now that it's hot and humid in S. Florida

Welcome to Just Answer

You are experiencing symptoms of dry eyes which cause reflex watering of eyes initially. Lubricating eye drops are very useful such as Refresh tears presevative free eye drops( available OTC ) ,1 drop 4 times a day. Also the itching of the lid margins can be due to associated blepharitis. You can apply tobramycin + dexamethasone eye ointment( prescription medicine) to the lid margin at bedtime once.

You can start with lubricating eye drops and if symptoms persist then you can get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for the blepharitis.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I agree to accept the info and payment. I will try the refresh tears and see if that helps. It isn't blepharitis. i had that years ago and remember the symptoms and the redness of the eyes. The drops I did put in today -Fluorometholone this am. It's a prescription I got 9/12/09 after having problems with my sight, itching and tearing when my husband was in ICU. It feels a little better now. I know I can't use that for more than a week.
Fluromethalone is also a kind of steroid and will bring down the inflammation in the eyes. You should feel better once the lubricating drops are started.

Thank you