Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I have something in my eye that is irritating it.

Welcome to Just Answer

Does the eye hurt? Is there waterinf from that eye ? Any photophobia ( intolerence to bright light)?

Any subtle trauma/injury/fall of foreign body?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No pain, just irritation.

Yes watering. No sensitivity to light.

Can't see foreign body.

Began irritation during shower bath. Have rinsed clear water across eye from right corner to inside with head tipped to side. No relief.

One of the possibilities could be an eyelash in the fornix or in the back( inner surface ) of the eyelid. It could even be an inwards turning of an eye lash. It would be difficult for you to evert the eye lid to check for this yourself, so it is better to get a detailed check up of the eye done by an ophthalmologist ( even an optometrist can help) so that if found the eyelash can be removed .

If you do manage to evert the lid yourself and see in the mirror and do not find any eyelash, then it could be a faint scratch on the cornea. Lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops 1 drop 4 times a day helps . Still recommend an eye check to be on the safer side as faint lesions cannot be detected on routine torch light examination and require special equipments to see.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.