Dr. JP
Dr. JP, Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic Surgery
Experience:  Harvard Medical School, Massachussetts Eye and Ear
24395033

what does it mean if I see blue octogons after I close my

what does it mean if I see blue octogons ? after I close my eyes it disappears.. usually blue, sometimes red or green
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. JP replied 6 years ago.

This sounds like an entopic phenomenon due to you seeing your own blood vessel architecture. Varied colors can be a normal transient phenomenon that occures with eye close. You may also be seeing intraocular floaters from degenerated intraocular jelly in the eye.

recommend observation and if concern or persistence would get an eye exam with a dilated exam of the retina and eye jelly (aka vitreous)

JP

please his accept button, if I can help futher let me know

JP

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I be worried about this?
What would cause me to see my own blood vessels? increased intraocular pressure?

Expert:  Dr. JP replied 6 years ago.

well the entopic phenomenon is just that a phemomenon and its the retina relaying information to the brain from shadows generated by the vessels in you retina. I think a good fully dilated eye exam would make you feel comfortable and put this issue to rest.

JP

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about if this phenomenon is coupled with foggy and dim vision that is exacerbated by stress? does that make it any more serious?

Expert:  Dr. JP replied 6 years ago.

Well with that information you should look at ocular associated migraine that is notorious for color changes, vision changes. Also stress can cause central serous chorioretinopahty in which fluid for unknown reason accumulates under the retina. I would recommend a full eye exam with the symptoms you are describing.

JP