Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I just turned 43 and I have been in great health my entire

I just turned 43 and I have been in great health my entire life, I am very active I exercise and eat very healthfully. Just recently I have begun having difficulty seeing. I have never had to wear eyeglasses or contacts ever in my life so I cannot imagine what is wrong with me now. I have begun eating large portions of carrots and taking an eye supplemental vitamin.

Do you have trouble seeing up close or at a distance or both?
Do you wear reading glasses?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your response. It is mostly just with reading sometimes the print seems too small and it is difficult. I can see in the distance quite well.

I do not wear reading glasses and have had perfect vision up until now.

Thank you for the additional information.

Most people in their mid-40s will start developing difficulty with reading vision. This is because the lens inside your eyes become less flexible over time and loses its ability to focus up close. This condition is called "presbyopia".

Use of reading glasses available at most retail locations (supermarkets, pharmacies...) should help with the reading clarity. (+1.00 or +1.50 should be sufficient). You may consider seeing an eye doctor for a more precise glasses prescription.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so very much for your reply.

I guess that the carrots are not a sufficient remedy to the problem. I had an eye exam one time and it was uncomfortable for me...I am squemish about eyes. I guess that I do not really have a choice at this point.

Thank you again for your help and please have a pleasant evening.

You are welcome. The bonus is much appreciated. Smile