Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Eye started out itchy and a little red. The sencond day, it

Eye started out itchy and a little red. The sencond day, it now is a little swollen and itchy and a little painful when you touch it . And I don't know what to do about it and my eye doc is not in.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

There is a possibility of blepharitis ( inflammation of the eyelids) or allergic conjunctivitis ( more of redness and itching of eyes).

You can start with warm compresses, gentle lid scrub with finger tips if it is more of eyelid involvement. This can help temporarily. It requires a course of tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for 2 weeks if no improvement is seen.

If it is more of itching and redness of the white of the eye , you can put Zaditor eye drops 2 times a day, Refresh tears eye drops 4 times a day for soothening( both available OTC ) . If symptoms do not subside by monday morning , you can consult your ophthalmologist for a detailed eye check up.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.