Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I have had cataract surgery on both eyes over the last 5 months

I have had cataract surgery on both eyes over the last 5 months and have been told by my optician that I have Purkinje Image in both eyes. Please can you tell me if there is any treatment for this condition or will it eventually disappear.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Perhaps there has been a misquote because purkinje's image is normally present in the eyes and only the number of images changes after cataract surgery. Instead of 4 images there are 3 after surgery.Obviously there is no need of treatment for this and will not disappear. Maybe if you have any other eye complaint after surgery then it can be identified and treated accordingly.

Purkinje images are seen normally on the corneal surfaces and the posterior capsule of the lens and are not a thing to worry about.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.