Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

on the 22nd of April I suffered an injury to my right eye and

Customer Question

on the 22nd of April I suffered an injury to my right eye and lower eyelid laceration, my eyeball was cut also from about 1/16th of an inch from the retna on white part of ball. Eyes were dialated and other stuff to see the laceration on the eyeball; also able to see and read small print on eye chart well before medication was prescribed (Erythromycin). I have no insurance from lack of work and was turned away from my followup 5 days later due to no insurance for payment from LBJ hospital. Swelling has gone down and eye is recovering so far pretty good. It has been 2 weeks now and have been seeing light flashes in right far corner where eye was cut and dammaged and light flashing by below retna and pupil, do need to to be seen by opthalmologist ASAP for this now occurring?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.
Yes, this is something that I would urge you to get checked out tomorrow. This may be early symptoms of a retinal detachment, that would need to be repaired. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens