Does any treatment work to stop or slow down retinitis pig

Customer Question

Do you know where to get any treatment that works to stop or slow down retinitis pigmentosa?
Category: Eye
Expert:  askDrMonica replied 6 years ago.

These are the treatments I have heard about that are being studied because there seems to be some promise:

If possible, make sure you are seeing a low-vision specialist (ophthalmologist) and you can discuss the above treatments and the alternative ones you have seen on the internet with your doctor.

Dr. Monica
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is not an answer i expected from an 'expert'. That information i can get it with internet search without paying a cent. Im not satisfied.

I am sorry you feel this way.

There may be an ophthalmologist that has something different to tell you, so I will opt out and send this to their category.

If no one replies, it is because there is a reason that the internet and doctors all say the same thing- there is no known cure and several possible treatments are being studied right now. Looking for random alternative treatments which have no scientific basis for efficacy is not going to help you and will likely become an expense without any effect. Seeing a specialist and discussing any treatments with him or her is still the best advice I can give you.

Dr. Monica
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I dont feel that what i asked provide me with further direction as to the information i asked. I appreciate your time but its not right to pay $18 for the information you provided. I already know all that but i dont know where to go for further treatment - which was what i asked. Thanks