Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Hello - Im currently breastfeeding and have developed dry

Hello - I'm currently breastfeeding and have developed dry eyes. Whilst they hurt, my main problem is the debris floating on my eyes' surfaces (like lots of floaters). I'm currently using eye drops prescribed by my doctor but the debris (and floating objects) are still there and are quite a nuisance. Have you any tips as to how to remove the debris or at least can you give me an idea how long it will be before the drops remove it?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

It is not necessary to wash eyes with tepid salt water for dry eyes. You can start preservative free Refresh tears eye drops and Refresh PM eye ointment at bedtime. It can take 2-3 weeks for symptoms to improve.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.