Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I HAD CATARACT SURGURY IN FEBRUARY AND CAME THROUGH FINE BUT

I HAD CATARACT SURGURY IN FEBRUARY AND CAME THROUGH FINE BUT NOW MY BLOOD VESSELS SEEM TO BE BURSTING QUITE OFTEN. I DO TAKE ASPRIN,GENSENG AND GARLIC AS SUPPLEMENTS, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HAPPENING AND WHAT CAN I DO. THANK YOU XXXXX
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

If the blood vessels on the white of the eye burst often then very likely to be sub-conjunctival haemorrhage. Since you are already taking tab. Aspirin, which is an important pre-disposing factor for it , it explains the frquent sub-conjunctival hemorrhages. It is a harmless condition and gets absorbed on its own without any treatment.

You can discuss with your physician about the pros and cons of taking Aspirin as it is important to prevent blood clots from forming emboli. Since sub-conjunctival haemorrhage is harmless you can just let it get resolved over a peroid of time.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.