Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I started with what was thought to be pink eye. Took drops

Customer Question

I started with what was thought to be pink eye. Took drops for that and it got worse. Dr. said I was allergic to the eye drops. My eyes hurt so badly, especially in the inner corners. The itching is unbearable.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Since you have already been treated for pink eye without much relief, there are two possibilities- one , it could be allergic conjunctivitis which is treated with Pataday eye drops 1 drop twice a day for a month, Tab. cetrizine 10 mg once every night for a week or till itching subsides. If this also does give any relief a short course of steroid eye drops like Prednisolone eye drops will help.

If the redness of eyes is more only at the corner of eyes with itching of eyes and excoriation of skin around the eyes , then we think in terms of angular conjunctivitis which is treated with Tetracycline eye ointment and zinc eye drops. None of these drugs are available over the counter and are prescription drugs.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.