Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I AM A 40YR WOMAN WITH BLACK EYES CAUSE BY BEING PUNCH IN THEM

Customer Question

I AM A 40YR WOMAN WITH BLACK EYES CAUSE BY BEING PUNCH IN THEM ABOUT 17YR AGO .I TRIED JUS ABOUT EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF THEM AND NOTHING WORK I AM LIGHT SKIN WITH 2 BLACK EYE AND I USE MAKEUP TO COVER THEM UP IS THERE ANY THING OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Black eye due to recent trauma usually heals well with treatment. But black eye due to trauma 17 years back is very unlikely to respond to any medicines either to the eye or to the skin. You have chosen the best way that is to conceal with make up. Once the skin gets hyperpigmented , though there are products available to lighten it , I seriously doubt whether they will help in your case. I have heard of chemical peel being done by dermatologists for dark circles around the eyes with some good results. Maybe you can consult a dermatologist in this regard.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.