Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I started with a stye on the outside lower lid on April 23.

I started with a stye on the outside lower lid on April 23. It is better--now only red. But a second stye is towards the inside lower lid. It is bigger and is at the white head stage. I just noticed there is one on the inside of the lower lid. Is this likely to resolve on its own? Do I see my optometrist or go directly to an opthamologist. I think I might need antibiotics

Welcome to Just Answer

A large stye on the inner side of the lid is unlikely to resolve on its own and will need a course of oral antibiotics such as amoxycillin 500 mg thrice a day, along with anti-inflammatory like tab. paracetamol 500 mg twice a day. Warm compresses should be continued till it subsides. You can visit an ophthalmologist for this .

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.