Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have red irritated rashes on my eye lids (I believe) from

I have red irritated rashes on my eye lids (I believe) from allergies. This is worse than I have ever had before. The eye lid on my right get more swollen and puff than the left although both have problems. What should I do?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the effect of allergic eyelid inflammation and reaction. I suggest that you stop all ointments, except for Patanol drops. Instead, apply warm compresses to the eyelid 2-4 times daily. Continue with patanol as twice daily or as directed by your eye doctor. In addition, apply Tobradex ointment (prescription from your eye doctor) to the eyelid 4 times daily for 3 days, then 3 times daily for 3 days, then 2 times daily for 3 days, and then once daily for 3 days and stop. Also, I suggest that you Refresh tears regular as needed. During at the end of use, your eye doctor should re-evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.