Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

nerve in the back of my right eye is not sending correct message

Customer Question

nerve in the back of my right eye is not sending correct message to my brain, causing motion sickness
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

What symptoms are you experiencing in the eye? Apart from motion sickness, are you experiencing any reduced vision , altered colour vision, pain in the eye?

Have you got your eye examined recently?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no other problems with the eye.

I had my eyes looked at and I have another test in a couple of weeks. They will be taking a picture of the nerve. During regular check up he noticed the nerve was larger than normal.

If at all the nerve at the back of your eye ( called optic nerve) was not sending correct messages to the brain , you would have surely experienced visual complaints such as reduced vision , altered colour vision and sometimes pain on moving the eyeball. Since you have none of these symptoms, atleast it is sure that the optic nerve is functioning normally. If the nerve was found to be larger than normal on routine examination then it could be due to optic nerve head drusen ( hyaline bodies deposit) or glaucomatous cupping ( but associated with reduced vision) or congenitally large disc. Unless you have symptoms pertaining to the optic nerve , it is unlikely that it is functioning abnormally.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.