Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

computer monitor or TV im fine, but once i get up and start moving

HI
I've been having this issue for about a year now. I sit and watch computer monitors all day for work. When I'm sitting and focusing on an object like a computer monitor or TV i'm fine, but once i get up and start moving around i get this feeling that im sure most people get when they lay down to long or watch TV for to long. I'll stand up and get this fuzzy feeling in my head and my sight starts to not track properly. This sensation only happens while im standing as soon as i sit back down for a little bit it will go away. I also have pain in my left eye that seems to go back into my head (Maybe its the eyes muscle) but my right eye is completely fine no pain.

I thought it might be my blood pressure but i went to the doctor for anxiety i was experiencing and my doc said nothing about my BP and they had me take a thyroid test that came back negative. The anxiety has only happened recently so i've ruled that out. im not sure if i should address this with a Doc or Eye Doc. Any advice
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing transient changes in your blood pressure between standing and sitting (mild orthostasis) which can cause dizziness and focusing difficulty. In addition, you could also have astigmatism or imbalance of refractive error between the two eyes which results in strain and focus fatigue especially after prolonged computer work. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation, with comparing/checking your blood pressure both in the sitting and standing positions. In addition, the refractive error of prescription between the eyes should be checked and corrected if necessary.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have this sensation constantly while i am moving around i.e. walking, driving, running, standing, working out, etc... It will go away sometimes while doing standing activities but it always returns and it seems to make me fatigue and want to go to bed. Would mild orthostasis go away with time? if so then i'm more inclinde to lean toward having astigmatism or imbalance of refractive error between my two eyes. Thanks for your time and i'll gladly accept your answer after clearing this question up.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much:

It is then unlikely to be orthostasis based on the fact it is constant even with walking, driving, running, standing etc. Orthostasis is mostly with change from sitting or lying to standing. It is most likely to be related to astigmatism and/or imbalance of refractive error between the eyes.

Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon